“If you need to get a grip…get a grip of African night crawler worms!”
African Nightcrawlers (ANC) are one of the best worms for quickly decomposing organic matter and for significantly improving soil health. Whether your compost bin needs a “workhorse” or your soil needs a “medic”, Rocky Mountain Worm Co. can supply you with healthy, energetic nightcrawlers excellent for vermicomposting and gardening.
Why Choose African Nightcrawlers for Vermicomposting?
Like a feeding-frenzy of hungry sumo wrestlers, our ANC will eat your compost bin out of house and home (in a good way)!
Top 3 reasons you’ll produce more vermicompost using our African Nightcrawlers:
- Consume and decompose more organic matter than other compost worms
- Eat 100% – 150% of their body weight per day
- Grow larger (2x), mature and reproduce more quickly than Red Wiggler Worms
Benefits of Using African Nightcrawlers in Your Garden
Save money and relax with the extra time you’ll have from putting ANC to work. Once acclimated, they’ll diligently transform your soil in to a nutrient dense utopia to grow bigger, healthier plants without using chemicals.
- More muscular; burrow deeper, improving the soil food web to benefit plant root-zones further below ground
- Help increase the amount of air and water in soil from the surface to about 4 feet underground
- Eat, decompose and convert more organic matter in gardens providing plants quicker nutrient absorption
Get Your Worms
Whether you’re in-town or in a town across the United States, it’s easy to get started! Shop:
- In-Person: Purchase African Nightcrawlers by visiting our worm farm in Colorado Springs
- Online: It takes less than 5 minutes to place your order for Rocky Mountain Worm Co. ANC
NOTE: All worms shipped by High Yield Organics – our retail grow store in Colorado Springs.
Important: ALL WORM SHIPMENTS ARE ON HOLD UNTIL SPRING 2016. PLEASE CHECK BACK AT THE BEGINNING OF APRIL AS THE WEATHER STARTS TO WARM UP.
Worm stats and information.
|Approximate Worm Length||4-8″|
|Optimal Temperature Range||75-85℉ (24-29℃)|
|Danger Temperature Zone||<45℉ (7℃) and >95℉ (35℃)|
|Maximum Weight||11 worms per ounce|
|Other Names||West-African Night Crawlers, Super Reds, Japanese Tigers, California Super Reds|
FAQs About African Nightcrawlers
Learn more by visiting our FAQs page.
What’s Safe and Unsafe Food for African Nightcrawler Worms?
Where/How can I buy Rocky Mountain Worm Co. African Nightcrawlers?
Come on, what are you waiting for?
Click the Button!
Important: Take note of our shipping information prior to ordering African Nightcrawler worms.